The LED bulb power usually is much lower than halogen bulb, so there is a decoder used to help LED bulb to avoid system detection in a CAN-bus vehicle. For many car owners, they do not know which kind of decoder match for the system, they have to try them one by one. There are three types of led headlight decoder: electronic decoder, programming decoder and resistor. As for various types of CAN-bus units in the current market, the passing rate of the CAN-bus system is 70-90%. However, there is still some issue the decoder cannot work out completely.
Types of existing decoders
– Electronic decoder
Electronic decoder use capacitance to solve the defection by storing and releasing pulse current. The capacitance varies from 10000UF to 20000UF. The higher the capacitance gets, the higher the probability passing rate will be. Most of the electronic decoder has a 70% passing rate. But higher capacity it has, the higher pulse current it creates, this pulsed current can raise the risk damage, such as burn the BCM or cause other problem.
– Programming decoder
Programming decoder consists of MCU, Capacitor and Resistor. The LEDO HM1 decoder is a decoder of this kind, launched in 2017. Because the factory halogen headlight bulb is a resistance load with low value, the HID and LED is semi-conductor load with high impedance and constant current power. HID and LED are different from the halogen bulb work in a vehicle.
The programming decoder MCU simulates the halogen bulb specification to adapt to the detection signal. It has a 90% passing rate. However, different car brand and models have different detection signal, it is impossible to simulate the factory specification completely.
Generally, it can solve most model modification issues caused by LED low power output. But its operating temperature usually over 150 degrees or even higher. There will be a potential safety hazard, which can melt the wires nearby it, and energy consumption and waste of electricity. Moreover, it cannot work out the flicker and strobe problem completely, for the vehicle with patrol inspection and pulse detection.
led headlight decoder
HMS1 super CAN-bus decoder
All the above-led headlight decoders have some problems that cannot be solved:
– The programming decoder cannot simulate all the brands and models detection signal.
– The resistor operation temperature is too high.
– The electronic decoder would have risks to burn BCM.
HM1S is a new item with higher CAN-bus capability than other decoders. Its high Can-bus combines various decoders capability, housing with an Intelligent programming chip control system technology to simulate halogen characteristic entirely, solve out all the CAN-bus decoder existing issues, and it is available for HID and led headlight bulb. In addition, it can solve we usually concern the following phenomena with CAN-bus:
- The automotive CAN-bus detection system includes circuit impedance detection, current detection and power matching detection, it aims to test whether the bulb work in a normal condition to ensure safe driving. Different automotive manufacturer has different methods for detecting the light bulb, for example, the moment of engine-on, the moment of light-on and the moment during the driving period. The solution is to pass all the detection types and to be valid constantly after light on.
- In the vehicle, the voltage is changeable during driving, its range from 9V (or lower) to -16V (or higher), it is a fluctuating value. A regular decoder could not catch up with and regulate how quick the voltage change effectively, resulting in sometimes it can “cheat” the system, sometimes can not. The solution is to follow up and adjust the changeable voltage at a quick speed.
- At the same time, when HID rapid start ballast is more and more popular with car owners, it is impossible for the ballast with an external decoder to pass the system detection. Some car owners prefer to retrofit them into 55 watts or even 75 watts to reach a high lighting effect. In fact, The higher power gets, the more difficult to decode. The solution is to adapt to an HID wiring.
- The LED bulb is mainly 10-30 watts because of the led chip heat dissipation limited. The halogen bulb is 55 watts, it makes a great difference with the LED bulb. It would be a warning light show on the dashboard if replace a halogen bulb with a LED bulb. The solution is to reduce power difference without raising LED bulb output power because the higher LED watt gets, the higher the risk of the thermal problem raises.
It cannot solve out the above issue if using an electronic decoder, programming decoder or the resistor. Their decoding function could not meet all the requirements at the same time. It might that we have tried different types of decoders in the car, finally we found that none of them could be solved. HOWEVER, latest HMS1 led headlight decoder can match all kinds of CAN-bus issue and solve them. Its programming chip control system can solve the appropriate problems intelligently.
The Features of HMS1 Led Headlight Bulb Decoder
We can divide the function of HM1S into four main features to help you understand it well.
It can meet the requirements for the HID and LED. Design with a strong versatility to fit the rapid start ballast and common existing ballast, even for led headlight, LED fog light, etc.
– Low temperature
Compared to other competitors, the new decoder of high CAN-bus capability with low heat dissipation, that is less than 55 degrees.
– Safe decoding
HM1S Decoder simulates the resistor intelligently without adding an additional one, giving you a safety secure decoding environment. And simulates the halogen bulb characteristics according to different brands and models to match the best CAN-bus situation and pass the detection.
Matching the power output automatically and supporting the load with 5-75 watts. No matter how higher the resistor power output used, the super CAN-bus can adjust the power to 40-65W, without adding any resistor.
The EMI of HM1S meets the requirements of CRISP25 Class. it can solve issue such as the error on dashboard, light on in one side and off in the other side, flicker or strobe when engine is started, light off during driving, damage of ballast, LED, wiper or computer system by partial AC supply.
With the development of automotive technology, the automobile CANBUS detection system is constantly updated. So the regularly led headlight decoder will appear the mismatch situation, that is, it can pass the detection of the previous models, but it might not pass the new model detection systems.
The Glofe led headlight decoders uses smart programming chip control system technology to automatically match the type of CAN-bus issues, and automatically solve them. It combines with the CAN-bus ability of all decoders on the aftermarket, just like a remote controller, that can control and solve all the problems.